These regulations apply to any task that involves moving a load manually, and sets out the responsibilities that are placed on both the employer and employee. In short they are;
- Avoid as far as possible, the need for manual handling operations, which involve the potential for risk of injury.
- Mechanise any tasks to prevent manual handling.
- Assess any hazardous manual handling operations that cannot be avoided. The assessment should include consideration of four main areas; Task, load, the individuals capacity and environment in which the task is being carried out.
- Reduce the risk of injury resulting from manual handling as far as possible.
- Inform and train employees with regard to the risks involved in manual handling operations
Whilst the legislation requires employers to provide manual handling training it also includes a requirement to carry out manual handling risk assessments relevant to the workplace. For an additional cost MEDROCK Training can also carry out these Risk Assessments on your behalf.
Our trainer is registered as a Manual Handling Instructor with The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
Who should attend
All personnel who, during the course of their duties would be required to move manual loads. Nevertheless, all employers should consider manual handling training as part of each new employee’s induction training.
What they will learn
How to move objects safely, thereby reducing the potential of injury to both themselves and others
The law relating to Manual Handling, associated roles and responsibilities and relevant health and safety information
Causes of back pain and other manual handling related injuries
Risk assessments where they relate to manual handling
Safe and effective lifting techniques together with teamwork while lifting.
3 – 4 hours
Issued by MRT
Starting from £429* (+VAT)
Max 14 delegates
*Subject to the location of the course, an extra charge NOT exceeding £100 per day may be levied to offset the costs of accommodation, Congestion Zone and parking (London only). Please call to discuss if this charge applies to you – 07789530222